Monday, March 4, 2013

Master Baker


Grant came back from band practice yesterday and announced that the saxophones were responsible for snacks at Jazz Band the next day.  He thought it would be a good idea to take cinnamon rolls.  I thought it was a good idea as well.  Only one problem.....Lori was out of town.

It is true that during our stay in Holland I have learned how to cook.  But it is also true that I have not learned how to bake....at least not very well.  So I told Grant he could take the rolls but he had to make them and I would help.  So we got out the recipe and dove right in.


After several hours of effort, many dirty dishes and two phone calls to Lori he had produced a pan of very nice looking cinnamon rolls.  We frosted them this morning and he took them to school.  Needless to say, the pan returned empty.  They were a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment