Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trip to the US



Grant and I went to the US in June to see Kate in New Jersey and my family in Illinois.  My brothers and sisters were nice enough to come home as well, so it was almost a full-scale reunion.  Luckily we were there before the hot weather.  In May a strong wind had damaged several buildings on the family farm.  No one was around at the time or hurt.  Most, if not all, will be torn down producing a pretty significant change to the landscape of the farm.

We played a lot of pool and darts in the basement.  

This is what the outside looks like. 


And this is the inside.  

My niece, Margaret, in front of a huge John Deere tractor owned by the folks that farm our land.  


Those are 2x4's that speared the roof.  

We made ice cream.  Grant was thrilled about turning the crank.  







Grant spent a lot of time climbing trees. 



Some undated concrete signatures from my parents






No comments:

Post a Comment